My very good friend, Satyapriya Pillai, is an egg-celent cook. This is like an Indian vegetable curry with hard-boiled eggs added.
Egg Vegetable Curry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 small stick cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 2 cashews
- Cooking fat of choice
- ½ cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup peas
- 1 carrot, sliced or cut into sticks
- 4 mini eggplant, quartered length-wise with tops intact, or 1 small regular-sized eggplant, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- ¼ t turmeric
- 1/3 cup stock or broth
- 3-6 hard-boiled eggs
- Saute onion, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and cashews. Grind in blender to make a paste.
- Saute the vegetables until start to soften. Add turmeric, salt, paste and stock/broth and mix.
- Add hard-boiled eggs. Insert a few shallow slices into each egg to allow the sauce to enter. Cover and cook on medium high for five minutes.