Who doesn’t love mashed potatoes with gravy? This recipe is almost indiscernible from the real thing and very satisfying! Moreover, this is an excellent way to consume lots of meat stock!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into medium sized pieces
- 4 cups stock or broth, preferably unsalted or with little salt
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Fat of your choice, such as butter, ghee or bacon fat
- Steam the cauliflower. Then puree in the food processor.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, place the stock or broth in a pan and boil with the lid off to reduce it, thereby thickening it by about 75% to a gravy. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the pan as it thickens, thereby saving the very tasty stock.
- Heat a small pan to medium/medium high and sauté the onion until caramelized.
- Top the mashed cauliflower with gravy and onion.